Mental Health First Aid
This one-day course is designed to help you develop knowledge of mental health conditions and supports learners' understanding of a range of mental health conditions. Learners will define each condition , understand possible causes and how they impact the individual and others around them. Learners will explore how each condition can be managed by the individual, how others can help, and support and sources of local help are identified.
Course duration: One day
Course participation: Maximum of 12
- Understand the context of mental health
- Understand stress
- Understand anxiety
- Understand phobias
- Understand depression
- Understand post-natal depression
- Understand bi-polar disorder
- Understand schizophrenia
- Understand dementia
- Understand eating disorders
- Understand attantion deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Understand obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Understand post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Certification: The course is delivered in accordance with QNUK (Qualifications Network UK) guidelines. A QNUK Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Conditions valid for 3 years will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Fee: €135 per participant or €550 for a group of up to 12 participants. This fee is VAT exempt and inclusive of certification.