PHECC Cardiac First Response - CFR Community
This half day, fully certified, course is the first rung on the ladder of pre-hospital emergency care. It teaches all the basic life support skills for victims of stroke, cardiac arrest, heart attack and choking as well as the relevant legal issues and the administration of aspirin.
- Recognise the signs of a life threatening emergency.
- Respond in an effective, safe and appropriate manner, to a life threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- Retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- Report and Record their actions and interventions appropriately, and handover to emergency medical services.
The key items covered on the course are:
- An Introduction to Sudden Cardiac Death
- Heart Disease
- CPR - Adult
- Foreign Body Airway Obstruction - Adult
- AED Operation
- Stroke – Including FAST Assesmdent
- Child CPR
- Child Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Infant CPR
- Infant Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Basic Emergency Care
- Access and Use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Safety and Communication
CERTIFICATION & PRICE:
The course is delivered in accordance with PHECC (Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council) guidelines.
A PHECC certificate valid for 2 years will be issued on successful completion.
€500 for group of up to 6