2 Day | On-Site
This 2-day course aims to equip the student with the relevant instructional methods, knowledge, and skills to design, deliver and evaluate a PHECC FAR (Responder Level) Course and to assess course participants.
Who is it for
A first aid responder may be a healthcare practitioner or a member of the public who has undertaken a First Aid Response course. The first aid responder will be taught how to assess and manage patients in accordance with the PHECC FAR standard and clinical practice guidelines (CPGs).
Course Duration and Assessment:
The face to face portion of the course is two days long. Once that has been completed students are designated as "Instructor Candidates". To gain full instructor status students must complete the required 3 step monitoring process.
- observing an instructor deliver a course
- assisting an instructor with a course
- finally delivering a course
Once this has been completed successfully students are fully qualified instructors and will receive their instructor certificate.
Entry Requirements: All attendees must:
- Have a valid FAR (Responder Level) or EFR Provider Certificate obtained within the last 6 months, or show evidence of PHECC practitioner registration
- Valid CFR-C (Instructor Level) Certification which must be maintained for the duration of their FAR (Instructor Level) Certificate
- Complete a 2-day FAR (Instructor Level) Course, including tuition in instructional methods and a period of supervised teaching practice
Course Participation: Maximum of 6
Method of Delivery:
The course is delivered as a two-day face to face course by an instructor trainer who will use DVD, presentations, and role-play to guide you through the course. The course is delivered through English
Certification: Upon successful completion of this course and monitoring process students will be issued with a joint PHECC / Logue & O’Connor FAR Instructor Certificate. The certificate will expire after 2 years.
Renewal: To maintain your qualification, you will be required to deliver at least 4 courses within the two-year certification period. Once you have delivered the required number of courses you must complete the final step of the monitoring process.
Please contact Esther in our office on 0876074456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org